Boise, ID asked in Real Estate Law for Idaho

Q: How do I transfer property from an intestate decedant to the name of the Estate or the Personal Representative?

Need to transfer real estate from intestate decedant to the Estate per Personal Representative

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: In about 1976, the Idaho Legislature adopted the Uniform Probate Code. It is called a "uniform code" because all 50 states adopted it in some way or another. If you are the eldest son or the surviving descendent, what you'll need to do is to file for a "Small Estate Closing," to the Idaho Courts, through icourt. They will allow you to sign a deed from the intestate descendant to the "estate," by virtue of a Court Order, which will make transfer very easy. Good Luck to you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.