Rupert, ID asked in Family Law for Idaho

Q: Im 18 in 4 months. But im trying to leave my home ASAP. Is it possible for me to leave?

I have plenty of people willing to take me in and pay for everything I need so i can focus on school. I feel there has to be a way for me to leave so I can do this. My parents keep acting like im lying to them and are forcing me to have a job while doing schoolwork. It is way too much for me and I need out. They keep trying to comvince me im the one whos messing up even though ive had a higher GPA than all of them. Im so stressed and im really close to getting physical with this cause this has been getting worse and building up mentally. What would my situation need to be like for me to be able to leave?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: In 4 months, you can leave and go where ever you want to go! However, under Idaho law until you’re 18 years old, you’re (lucky) still considered a “child,” and worthy of protection! Just try to be patient for four more months!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.