Cleveland, OH asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: In Pennsylvania how do I communicate with judge regarding custody.

The custody order states son should be in therapy within 7 days but I can't get appointment until June 12, 2023. The hearing is scheduled for May 30 and trial is June 12, 2023. I want to inform him of this but can't contact him by phone. Can I write him a letter or do I have to file something and send it certified? What would happen if I told him at the hearing on May 30?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick

A: You should hire an attorney to assist you in preparing a motion to extend the time to begin therapy with affidavits from yourself and every relevant therapist explaining in detail why you are unable to get a therapy appointment scheduled earlier.

If the court ordered therapy to begin in seven days, that indicates a sense of urgency and the affidavits submitted should carefully demonstrate how urgent you are taking the order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.