Neosho, WI asked in Contracts for Wisconsin

Q: I have a contract to provide a solar system and supply maintenance for 20 years. They have closed doors.

They have closed their doors and are under "restructuring. " They are working to finish install and start taking draws on account. What should I be doing to make sure they don't change their name, take the money and leave without providing service for 20 years?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Don't pay them anything until they finish the install, you verify that the system is working as represented, and they give reasonable assurances of performance by posting a performance bond ensuring that they will provide all necessary maintenance services for 20 years as agreement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.