Knoxville, TN asked in Contracts for Tennessee

Q: Paid attorney in advance. She left the firm, did not complete the work . What to do now?

She left the firm and she did not notify me nor did The firm. It was for power of attorney, durable power of attorney, medical power of attorney , financial power of attorney ,living will and a will . She was still working on this when she left the firm and all the paperwork has not been completed. I paid for services that were not rendered. What is my recourse ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You can file a Board Complaint with the TN Board of Professional Responsibility

against her License. But I would go in person to the Firm first and demand the paid for services be completed, or ask for your money and file. Do not get in an argument. Executing that many instruments at once is usually bad as the Client will not be informed adequately about how to implement them, especially the Will and POA.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.