Miami, FL asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Social Security for Georgia

Q: What can I do concerning an administrative judge favorable hearing concerning social security overpayment being engorged

I had a favorable outcome concerning an overpayment that was enter against me and enter on my social security online account That the local social security location is simply engorging they haven't made any attempts to ratify the situation so I'm left with a dilemma of what I can do I feel I'm being discriminated against me. I just looking for answers and a solution.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you have already had a favorable outcome from an administrative judge hearing and Social Security is still showing the overpayment on your account, you should first try to contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) to see if they can rectify the situation. You can contact the SSA by phone or by visiting a local Social Security office in person.

If you have already tried to contact the SSA and they have not resolved the issue, you may want to consider seeking legal assistance. An attorney who specializes in Social Security law can help you navigate the appeals process and may be able to help you obtain the benefits you are entitled to.

You can also file a complaint with the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) if you believe that you have been discriminated against by the SSA. The OIG investigates allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse within the SSA, and they may be able to help you resolve your issue.

It is important to note that Social Security overpayments can have serious consequences, including the reduction or cessation of future benefits, so it is important to address the issue as soon as possible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.