Columbus, NE asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Nebraska

Q: We are trying to find a pro bono lawyer in Lincoln. How do we look for one? Thanks for your help!!

My daughter is trying to find a pro bono lawyer in Lincoln or at least one that would be able to work with her financial situation. The father of the girls has moved out of State and is very unstable. She is worried that if she does not receive Full Custody and he happens to come back to Lincoln, that she will never be able to find the girls if he takes off. This way if she was able to receive Full Custody she would be able to say if the girls can go see him and when that would be. I am just trying to reach out, as I am a concerned Grandma who would hate to loose them. i have offered to help her out with what I can do. I thought that this would be the first step to try and start here. He has mentioned something about coming back in a couple weeks, so things are getting serious. So, if you are able to help out that would be so appreciated, or maybe you would happen to know what or where she needs to go. Thanks for your consideration in this matter.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: If you file a custody action, the Court will set forth who has custody and what each parent's parenting time will be. This could include specifics as to whether the father gets to take the children out of state or not and how much time he has with the children.

There are a number of pro bono legal services including Nebraska Legal Aid and the legal clinic through the law school at UNL. You also may be able to find an attorney that offers "low bono services," which are basically reduced rates/retainers for those of lower income.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.