Asked in Personal Injury for Nebraska

Q: In December I slipped on ice on my current apartments main pathway to the mailbox. The area was not taken care of

I'm a disabled veteran and need help. I was informed after I fell about the possibility of ice being forecasted. I went to get my mail at the mailboxes and I slipped on the ice on the front steps. I landed directly on the corner of the step to the small of my back. I have video evidence from my security camera. My back still is not in any better condition. I am almost completely numb around my waist including my publicly indecent area. I need help and I cannot find anyone to represent me. The front steps do not have a railing. I believe my landlords to be hustlers with lawyers as I have contacted many about this with no response. The called Maranville Investments and I'm positive they can afford ice melt. I need help and hope. I will never run again. I will never be efficient at climbing stairs or even getting on The floor to play with my kids or future grandkids. I hurt so bad. I've Been seen by the VA and Bryan LGH.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Nebraska attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. I'm sorry about your accident and injuries. Thank you for your service. It sounds like you've already reached out to law firms. I can't say anything about the reason for the difficulty in finding representation, based on the brief details here. Every law firm could have their own standards for damages, liability, and other factors in screening prospective cases. One law firm could be different than the next in terms of what they see as weaknesses or strengths of a case. One option is to explore other firms. There's a tab above, "Find a Lawyer," which lists Nebraska attorneys by region. There are also usually attorney referral sections on the websites of local and state bar associations. Those resources are outside this forum, and any arrangements are between you and attorneys you reach out to. But free initial consults are a normal courtesy with injury cases nationwide. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.