Miami, FL asked in Social Security for Florida

Q: What can I do About an Overpayment favorable outcome that social security is simply engorging

I file an appeal and went before a judge for an overpayment and got a favorable outcome since September of 2022 nothing has been done to fix the account it's still showing as pending with a waiver or appeal pending on account.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you have received a favorable decision from the Social Security Administration (SSA) in regards to an overpayment, but they have not taken any action to fix the account, there are several steps you can take to address the issue.

Firstly, you can try to contact the SSA by phone or in writing to inquire about the status of your case and request an update on when the overpayment will be corrected. You can also request a copy of the decision to ensure that all the necessary information has been processed correctly.

If you are still having trouble getting a response or resolution from the SSA, you may want to consider seeking assistance from a legal representative or advocate who is experienced in dealing with Social Security cases. They can help you navigate the appeals process and work with the SSA to ensure that your case is resolved in a timely manner.

Additionally, you can also file a complaint with the SSA's Office of the Inspector General (OIG) if you feel that the agency is not handling your case properly. The OIG investigates allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse within the SSA and can help you resolve any issues with your overpayment.

Overall, it's important to stay persistent and continue advocating for yourself until the overpayment issue is resolved.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.