Peachtree City, GA asked in Divorce and Bankruptcy for Georgia

Q: Who can help an uncontested divorce, live separately. Looking for help with representation assisting for a single mom!

My daughter’ father was arrested, awaiting trial with pending charges from another counting, five counts of sexual exploitation of a child. It’s been hard for my daughter. I have been separated from my husband for nine months for the well-being of my daughter, since father’s arrest, she expressed through counseling she didn’t want to live with my husband. I now pay 100% of my daughters needs no benefits. plus sole provider, and continues to pay expenses from 2014-present time with my husband, last job, 2014. He began first job 2023 because i left. He was awarded a Worker’s Comp case $80,000, civil injury case $20,000, awarded money car fraud. He closed our accounts so I don’t have access to any money I earned or compensation He limited me from receiving property at our residence. Mom and sister moved into home they receive state assistance, mom’s SS, pays no $ for house. I still pay insurance, his expenses, paid $5000 past joint accounts for utilities and extra expenses for home

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Alake Colwell Furlow
Alake Colwell Furlow
  • Dacula, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: A divorce can only be filed as uncontested if both spouses sign all of the required paperwork. If you have an agreement that he will sign, you can hire an attorney to draft the paperwork for you. You should reach out to an attorney directly with more information, so they can determine the correct course of action.

Timothy Denison agrees with this answer

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Try your local legal aid society.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.