Sacramento, CA asked in Criminal Law for Utah

Q: How can I dismiss charges?I have no prior,I live in Cal case is in UT,I can't afford PA.court date is 5/22/23 in UT.

I was a passenger in a vehicle, traveling with my service dog from CA.To UT. Driver was pulled over for expired tags.The officer(#1) asked driver for lic/reg/ins then asked me to show my DL to a female officer(#2) who came up to my window.I complied.#1 asked driver to step out/sit in the front seat of cop car to figure out reg Issue. #2 asked me to roll up my window 1/2 way,few minutes pass #2 returns w/a k9,causing a barking match with my dog.#2 takes the k9 back to her vehicle. She returns saying she got a positive hit from k9 giving probable cause to search me has me step out, searches me, then puts me &my dog in back of cop car tells me I'm not under arrest.A male officer IDme&questioned me,then 2 more male officers interrogated me.I asked 3xabout pass rights,no response,I was read the Miranda,they took my dog,cuffed me took me to jail. Or'd me after 92hrs. 2days in booking,1.5dayshoused never saw judg,nobail, charges1xpara/1×burg/3xpossnone was mine ,I am innocent.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Aric M. Cramer
Aric M. Cramer
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • St. George, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: Well you need to contact an attorney who practices in the area where you were stopped. Give them your name and the county where you were charged and tehy can look up your charges and the probable cause statement ti advise you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.