Asked in Traffic Tickets for Minnesota

Q: I need a texting while driving ticket off my record for job purposes

I got a ticket for texting while driving in January 23. I paid the ticket and found out that it affects my ability to drive at my work and I need to get it off my record so that I can continue driving for my company.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas C Gallagher
Thomas C Gallagher
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: You can download this form form the Minnesota Courts website: Forms Packet: Ask to Withdraw Guilty Plea and Vacate Conviction (Petty Misdemeanor) You can use it to request a hearing on your motion to reopen the petty misdemeanor case. At the hearing, you can talk to the prosecutor to see if they will offer a resolution to replace the conviction and "certification to the drivers license record. If so, the judge will likely approve it. If not, you can ask the judge to grant your written motion to reopen. Then the case can be set for a trial. You should have some good, legal, reasons ready. for the judge when they inquire.

Jonathan Matthew Holson agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.