Cookeville, TN asked in Civil Litigation for Tennessee

Q: Loan and title in ex girlfriends name, But I made all the payments on the vehicle. Can I sue for the financial loss !!!

Loan and title in ex girlfriends name, But I made all the payments on the vehicle not her. Now that the loan is paid off she refuses to sign the title over to me or give me the vehicle. If she will not do either which she has stated she will not, Can I file a Civil Suit against her for the payments that I made on the loan??

I have all statements and transaction history reports that clearly show that I made all the payments toward this loan not her, I either would like from the court the return of property to which I have paid for or the financial loss of

money which is thousands of dollars I am without now the money that I paid toward this vehicle, She has also refused to return any and all of my other property since are separation which has been recent and I have asked for the property many many times, She still refuses to return any of my property. I would like to recover all my property or the financial value loss of property which is well over $20,000 Thank You

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: On the personal property she took, you can sue in General Sessions for an Action To Recover Personal Property or for Conversion. Suit for an equitable lien on the car in Chancery is doubtful. Consult with a local attorney for advice. There may be other ways to gain leverage over her.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.