Rome, GA asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Domestic Violence for Georgia

Q: When protective order is over can I contact n see kids automatically or what

Protective order is over May 12. Do I have to go back to court to see kids or can I contact them and their mother right away??? I don't have another $6000 to pay lawyer for agreement so it can be thrown out by Judge again.

1 Lawyer Answer
Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: The answer to this depends on if you have a parenting plan in a different case. If there is a court ordered parenting plan, the parenting time should resume. Normally, parenting time continues even though there is a TPO in place, especially if the violence alleged was not toward the children. You may want to speak with an attorney who can review your orders and give you specific advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.