Scranton, PA asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Pennsylvania

Q: In Pennsylvania can I do anything about my 38 year old bf trying to sleep with my 17 year old daughter?

I found messages between them and my daughter stated she didn’t want him like that but he keeps trying to pressure and manipulate her into it. I’m also in an emotional psychological abusive relationship and financially trapped and don’t know what to do to get out

1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Yes, get rid of the boyfriend! Search online for a support group for abused women in your area and see what they can do to help you. Perhaps what he's said is sufficient for filing for a Protection from Abuse Order. You may also want to take the messages to the police and see if there's anything they can suggest from a criminal standpoint. However, if all else fails and your only remaining option is to try to get into a shelter to protect your daughter, then that may be the choice you have to make.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.