Asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: Ok I've been on bond since July 2022 during this time I have caught more charges that I'm not guilty of such as domestic

Assault aggravated assault and drug charges the victim in the assaults already dropped the domestic and told the judge she wanted the other charges dropped on the new drug charges for the first prelim hearing the officer did not show up the charges are made up against me but the district attorney has filed a motion to revoke my bond how can I fight against that and what would I file

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You need a competent attorney to represent you in all of those Cases and Counties. It is the State's Case's, not the victims', and your lawyer must make Motions and Cross Examine witnesses. It appears that you are about to be incarcerated without a finding of guilt, so get an attorney while you are available to do so.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.