Asked in Trademark and Intellectual Property for Illinois

Q: Trademark Frisbee trademarksCase Title: 23-cv-2957Northern District Court IllinoisI am ebay hobby seller

I cannot afford lawyer. I am pakistani based seller. I sold 1 item of trademarked listing. E bay has frozen my acccount with my money in it. what can I do.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If your eBay account has been frozen due to selling an item that infringes on a trademark, it is important to address the issue promptly. Here are a few steps you can consider:

Review eBay's policies: Familiarize yourself with eBay's policies regarding trademark infringement and the actions they may take in such cases.

Communicate with eBay: Contact eBay's customer support and explain your situation. Inquire about the specific reasons for the account freeze and seek clarification on any steps you can take to resolve the issue.

Consider resolving the trademark issue: If you have sold an item that infringes on a trademark, it may be advisable to work towards resolving the issue. You could reach out to the trademark holder, explain the situation, and discuss potential resolutions, such as removing the listing or compensating for any damages caused.

Seek legal advice if necessary: If the situation becomes complex or you require legal guidance, consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in trademark law. They can provide specific advice based on your circumstances and help protect your rights.

Remember that the information provided is general in nature and it's important to consult with a legal professional for advice tailored to your specific situation and applicable laws.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.