Asked in Domestic Violence for Pennsylvania

Q: If a person has an active pfa against someone and there is also a child involved and that person and the child move back

Into the home with the defendant without trying to get the pfa dismissed what can be done? This person who has the pfa against them was accused of sexual abuse of the child. Also fired a gun off inside the home while child and several witnesses were outside.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Call the police and report the violation of the order. The person restrained by the order must comply even if the protected person is not enforcing it themselves. It could result in a child protection / welfare action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.