Milford, MI asked in Criminal Law for Michigan

Q: How do go about pressing charges?

My man for the 2nd time that lives next to me had his window open and looking into my living room where me and my kids were and he was masturbating right infront of the window were we could cleary see. My son who is 5 year old is the one who saw it and pointed it out. I have photo proof that I've shown the cops and they asked if I wanted to press charges and I said yes but haven't heard anything back yet. (Man also admitted to doing it to the cops and yelled at him that it's his house and he can do what he wants.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II

A: Very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. I would suggest that you video him in the act then call the police. This kind of sexual harassment is treated by the police very harshly when kids are involved. but they will need some proof, hence the video. As you video you should speak the date, time and address so it is on the recording. Thank you for using Justia, Ask a Lawyer.

Brent T. Geers agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.