Oklahoma City, OK asked in Traffic Tickets for Indiana

Q: I was pulled over and given a ticket for not having my insurance in the car. I provided the court with proof of insuranc

I was under the impression I didn't have court and ultimately the ticket was dismissed but still I have a failure to appear. They suspended my license for that and not going to driving school but I didn't know I was supposed to...help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA

A: In most states you sign a promise to appear in court in lieu of being arrested for an infraction with a traffic ticket. It is important to read any ticket you receive and ANY document that you sign. There are traffic ticket attorneys working in all states, you should contact one to discuss your representation to get your record cleared up. This is important because an FTA or a license suspension can raise your insurance rates, drastically. Thank you for using Justia, Ask a Lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.