Asked in Divorce and Domestic Violence for Tennessee

Q: My husband and his family took all my jewels he even broke my berow and took silver,gold,cash worth 35 lakhs

He is jobless and took my jewels worth 35 lakh and has drinking habit and abuse me physically and mentally i am planning to divorce him he is jobless and doesn't cares home and daughter he not even pays fee and buys nothing to us he has one married sister he has a commercial house worth 1 crore, in his mom dad name and he has share in it, is it possible to get my jewels back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You should have called law enforcement. You might be able to file an Action To Recover Personal Property in General Sessions. Use TN terms only, not foreign. Otherwise you will need to file for a Divorce and have to prove grounds.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.