Dallas, TX asked in Federal Crimes, Contracts and Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: What can you do if ups worker steals your package? A 42,000$ package!!!

I took it to ups access point last Thursday evening and yesterday tracking still hadn't updated so I sent my husband to the UPS store and she told him that the tracking number didn't look right it needed more numbers ok so I called them and they hung up on me and I called them back the same voice answered I asked for management and I was put on hold for only the same voice again and I told her I was just curious what was going on with the package it's not showing up even scanned as received by you all I want to know where my package is it was in a fan box she then said she would call me back she was going to check her ups records and I already talked to ups and there's nothing that they could do because the store never scanned it as received so I told her ok well she called back and said she was waiting still trying to figure out where it went then called again and told me she talked to ups man and he said to go ahead and file missing mail report well I asked the woman well first thing

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: That may be either a conversion, breach of contract or bailment action, possibly others. You will need a TN attorney if the delivery of the parcel was in a TN County. Probably a Circuit Court action. Be prepared to give alot more details than what you have posted, which is nowhere near sufficient. Also you will have to prove Damages. Contact the intended recipient as they will be a witness also. It will be difficult and expensive, requiring research, drafting, discovery, and possibly a Trial. If this is a TX matter, then call attorneys there.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.