Kirksville, MO asked in Civil Litigation and Contracts for Missouri

Q: Can I sue for false information on the contract for the house I bought?

I bought a house in January 2022, I was told the jacks, for the foundation repair in the basement that were installed prior to buying the house, were lifetime warranty by the company that installed them. I figured out a couple months ago the company that installed them in the early 2000’s is no longer a company and wasn’t a company when I bought the house. The prior owner was the son of the owner of that company and they sold me the house knowing the company was no longer running

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You should have an attorney review the contract and disclosure form to discuss whether any causes of action, such as violation of Missouri's consumer protection statute, the Merchandising Practices Act, might be worth pursining.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.