Ellijay, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: I am inquiring about a final disposition that states, Disposition ACCUSATION (2019-10-25; Other), need clarification?

I was arrested on 06-19-2019 and charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, released less than 24 hours later on a signature bond from DeKalb County Jail, the whole thing was corrupt and wasn't indicted until December of 2019. I waived formal arraignment, plead not guilty, and requested a jury trial at the first hearing that December, 2019. I did not hear another word from the court or have a single other day in court for this case until October of 2021, there was no jury trial, only a very short Zoom hearing in which the judge used the word dismissed regarding the case. My attorney and I ended a decade long client relationship on bad terms and he refused to answer any of my questions for clarification on the outcome of the case. I am trying to get this arrest off my record for employment purposes, and it seems to me that the disposition of ACCUSATION may be due to the failure to go to trial at the 2 yr mark? Any clarity you can provide is much appreciated.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Glenn T. Stern
Glenn T. Stern pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should contact the clerk of Superior Court for DeKalb county and get a copy of the final disposition for the case. That document will indicate how the case was resolved.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.