Birmingham, AL asked in Real Estate Law for Tennessee

Q: How do you keep an adult neighbors son from breaking into my storage building when he lies and says it wasn’t him.

He then says my building is on him but we had a survey done and it’s not. He intends to make an adverse possession claim and the cops say there is nothing they can do if it’s disputed.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: That is a Boundary Dispute, which will need to be litigated along with trespass damages. Survey is needed in Court, but Judge declared boundary, not Surveyor. Hire a competent attorney to search both titles and prosecute suit. Hopefully your building has been there awhile, and now landowners have acquiesced to ascertainable boundary. Both properties' titles now have clouds.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.