Albuquerque, NM asked in Elder Law and Landlord - Tenant for New Mexico

Q: Can my parents get kicked out if they are being cared for at home due to health problems

The landlord claims that there were people in the front yard doing drugs however my parents have no idea of any of that going on if it was. My parents are a little bit behind due to medical bills and health problems and have been struggling to make ends meet. I feel like the other tenet is make ligations because my mother don't and her don't get along and has been trying her best to get them kicked out. My dad is 82 and my mom is 72 and are on disability and my dad has been going through serious health conditions and is very limited to mobility.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry your parents are being treated like this, given their difficult circumstances. A New Mexico attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Repost this and add the category "Landlord-Tenant." You may not have seen the category at first because you have to click "Show More Categories" to reveal it.

L-T attorneys have insight into the procedural safeguards involving evictions. Hopefully, a landlord-tenant attorney will pick up your post. If not, try to arrange a free initial consult with one (that would be outside this Q & A forum - any such arrangements would be between you and attorneys you reach out to). Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.