Jamestown, TN asked in Traffic Tickets and Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: I passed a stopped school bus, and the proof was the school bus camera. My first offense, what should my charge be.

What is the state law for this violation. I have no prior vehicle violations of any type. I was given a citation, and the citation doesn't have any fine amount written on it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: There can be several offenses, not all of which are Rule Of The Road violations. Were you cited or arrested? If charged, you definitely want to got to Court. At worst it would be a conviction and costs. But you might receive some type of diversion, or some charges dismissed. You may receive a Citation in the mail, or even called to get booked. If serious, hire an attorney.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.