Knoxville, TN asked in Criminal Law and Real Estate Law for Tennessee

Q: Can anything be filed to stop an auction of house that was ordered to auction in partition suit? I have proof of fraud.

The officiate rev.of the marriage was not ordained. The church that ordained him was not an entity non existent proof by secretary of state.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: With no marriage, there is no surviving spouse, so tenancy in common would be the Estate. But if you have standing, you can intervene and tell the Court the Title is not as the Partition Complaint has alleged. It might not stop the Sale For Partition, but it would definitely change the Order For

Disbursement of Sale Proceeds. Hire a competent attorney who might be able to get paid from the common fund generated. You would be contesting also the Certificate of Title given to the Special Master if there was one.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.