Douglassville, PA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: My ex is telling me she is going to have her therapist fill out document for court stating I cannot have 50/50 custody.

Her therapist is stating that our 4 yr old needs stability and our 1.5 year old needs to bond with her mama. Currently I see my children 4 days a month. We do not have any formal custody agreement, this is all verbal between us. I want to take her to court for custody so I can get 50/50 and se my children more. I have no criminal history, work full time, have stable living arrangements, I take care of the children all the time, and she has me on child support which is paid on time every time. Will this document hold up in court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: It's difficult to know what impact the letter from your wife's therapist might have. Ordinarily, if someone wants to present someone's opinion, they need to bring that person into court to do present in via testimony. What you really need to do is to consult with a local attorney experienced in family law, That way you can obtain in depth, individualized information and guidance in your circumstances. Honestly, this is not a DIY situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.