Wichita, KS asked in Family Law for Kansas

Q: Can I leave the state with my son legally? He’s 18 months. Separated not divorced, no court orders. Kansas.

All my family is out of state. Husband kicks me out of house. Worried he could say I kidnapped my own son, even though he’d know where we are and can still call whenever he wanted.

Thank you for the help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: If you are your son's legal parent, you can go where you want with him unless there is a court custody order stating otherwise.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.