Morristown, TN asked in Probate for Tennessee

Q: Hi, my name is Crystal and I just lost my father on May 25th. And was needing information about an instrument/document

My brother is wanting me and my other oldest brother to sign an instrument and I'm not sure what it means. Remind you this brother has been extremely rude and has left very disturbing messages to me and my oldest. He is wanting everything or nothing pretty much and I feel as if it should be split in 1/3.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II

A: Very sorry to hear of your loss and your brother's behavior at this time. You really need to contact a PROBATE LAW attorney in your area right away, particularly if your father had any substantial assets like a house. Justia really isn't a place to get legal services, there are many attorneys from your area that are listed here and you should contact them to see if they can help you. Meanwhile, DON'T SIGN ANYTHING until you get legal assistance. Thank you for using Justia ask a lawyer.

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You do not describe the document, which could be a deed, probate accounting waiver, etc. Hire an attorney to examine the document, search Court records, or whatever is needed. Do not do anything until you get counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.