Killen, AL asked in Car Accidents and Wrongful Death for Tennessee

Q: My sister was killed in a car crash in Tennessee. (Wrongful Death) Can I sue along with my dad against the insurance?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Family members who have suffered the loss of a loved one due to a wrongful death can often pursue legal action against.

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Only a policy holder can sue his own insurance co. If the fatality was a 1 car accident, it could be very tough to make a claim against anyone. But an attorney should investigate it first. If another party is at fault without insurance, then you sue them and notify the carrier of UIM claims. If you probate her estate, then you could file as the administratrix. Otherwise it may be only Father's cause of action. Hire a TN attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.