Clarksville, TN asked in Landlord - Tenant for Tennessee

Q: How to get rid of a tenant renting an RV lot on our property? Her and her son have caused damage, Police report filed.

We rented an RV lot to an unknown person and her son, located on our property that we currently live on. They have a vicious dog that has tried to attack several of our family members (rule; no pets), they have low life guest that have caused property damage to our vehicles (police report files) and one person backed into a utility pole near our driveway and blew the transformer. We were without power until the electric company could come and replace the transformer. We offered to pay to have their RV trailer hauled anywhere within 12 miles radius. They agreed on today and now she says they are not leaving yet; after we had scheduled the tow truck. What's next? They need to GO!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Hire an attorney to file a Detainer Warrant against the two renters for possession only. If unknown name, then use occupants. It will need to be served personally or posted. Do not get in a fight with them or they will have leverage. After a Judgment for possession, and ten days have lapsed, then your lawyer asks for a Writ of Possession to be issued. And possibly executed by the Sheriff. Do not delay.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.