Havertown, PA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: Am I able to get visitation rights being my mother refuses to let me see my children?

My mother has full custody of my 2 younger children and she stopped letting me see my to children and blocked me on social media and changed her number without warning

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Karen  Ulmer
Karen Ulmer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Langhorne, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I am sorry to hear of your situation, it must be extremely painful. If your parental rights have not been terminated, you will need to file a Modification of your current custody order if your current custody order does not provide any scheduled visitation for you. Whatever issues you were having that caused your mom to be able to have full custody should be addressed but at a minimum regardless of your issues, you should have the ability to even have supervised contact but you must get a court order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.