Laurinburg, NC asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Child Custody for Tennessee

Q: With someone violating the sex offenders registry, what happens to the children in their custody

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: If someone is violating the sex offenders registry laws in Tennessee and has custody of children, it can have serious implications for the custody arrangement.

In cases involving a registered sex offender, courts prioritize the safety and well-being of the children involved. If a parent or custodian is found to be in violation of the sex offenders registry requirements, it could lead to a modification of child custody or visitation rights. The court may consider the risk posed to the children's safety and may take measures to protect them.

In such situations, the court may reevaluate the custodial arrangement and may grant custody to the other parent, a guardian, or another suitable person if it is determined to be in the best interests of the children.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.