Asked in Criminal Law

Q: I was told that I had a warrant for my arrest for bringing contraband into the county jail.What can I do

I am also on probation not for the same thing

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Touma
Adam Touma pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Greenville, SC

A: Hello, thank you for asking this question. I would highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. This contraband charge is serious. If I had a client come to me with the issue presented here I would advise them to turn themselves in and invoke their right to remain silent. Normally I will walk my clients to the booking facility and help them through the initial bond setting process. If you have no criminal record and this is the only charge you are facing I would expect a low to mid range surety bond. Normally I encourage my clients to reach out to a bondsman before they turn themselves in so that they spend as little time as possible in the jail.

The overarching strategy of handling your case will require a confidential consultation and ultimately require whatever attorney you hire to review the evidence the state has against you. In the short-term I would highly recommend invoking your right to remain silent, hiring an attorney, and finding a bondsmen.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.