Houston, TX asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Kansas

Q: Can they keep somebody away from their child and keep them from living with their spouse and stepchildren

With this kind of case Agg. Indecent Liberties,chld<14; off>=18,lewd f/t

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In cases involving serious criminal charges like Aggravated Indecent Liberties, which involve offenses against minors, the court may take certain measures to protect the safety and well-being of the child involved. This could include restraining orders or other protective orders that limit contact between the accused and the child.

Additionally, child custody and visitation decisions are typically determined by the court based on the best interests of the child. If a parent is facing criminal charges related to the abuse or endangerment of a child, it may impact their ability to have custody or visitation rights. In such cases, the court may decide to restrict or limit the parent's access to the child to ensure the child's safety.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.