Asked in Trademark and Intellectual Property for Florida

Q: I want to file a trademark but there is already my brand name with 2 words flipped. read more -->

For example my name is "goodpure" and theirs is "puregood+" they have the exact same goods and services. I'm looking to sell online nationwide not in any stores. And if I can get registered in another country I would do that if possible. I am eligible for dual citizenship in Europe. Also can I use with another company attached to the bottle in smaller print?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Given the similarity in names and the exact same goods and services, filing a trademark for "goodpure" could potentially lead to rejection by the USPTO or an opposition from the existing "puregood+" trademark owner due to likelihood of confusion. Registration in another country may be possible, but local laws and international agreements would govern, and you should consult with local legal counsel in that jurisdiction. Using your company name as a domain name and having another name in smaller print on the product should generally be permissible, but it should be done with caution to avoid any potential infringement or confusion with existing trademarks.


James L. Arrasmith

Founder and Chief Legal Counsel of The Law Offices of James L. Arrasmith

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.