New Iberia, LA asked in Divorce and Family Law for Louisiana

Q: Divorce article 103 - Adultery - Louisiana

My wife committed adultery and birthed a child to another man. She never denied the adultery and a DNA test was done and the other man came back as 99.999999% certainty as father. The necessary paperwork regarding the paternity was done and sent to the State. Me and my wife do have a minor child together. My question is can I file a article 103 divorce in Louisiana based on adultery and not have to wait the 365 day separation time.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You can---but my suggestion is that you speak to a family law attorney in your area and discuss the pro and cons of filing a 103 divorce via adultery and the potential impacts this will have on incidental matters----there may not be any impacts but at least have a consult about this because you want to be informed and make the best decision. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.