Kings Mountain, NC asked in Child Custody for Tennessee

Q: DCS case was dropped, foster parents now trying to keep him. What do I do.

I've passed all drug screens, taken all the classes, pay everything I'm supposed to, my baby will be 2 soon. The foster parents are taking me to court to try to get me to sign over my rights. I have been going every Tuesday to see my baby as long as the visit isn't canceled by the foster parents, also paying for the visit every time (I don't care to, its just so frustrating). I need my baby back, please help my court date is in 2 weeks.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Hire an attorney to represent you, and make weekly payments if necessary. They are trying to terminate your rights permanently. You need a counter-petition for custody filed. If you lose, be ready to appeal.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.