Wynne, AR asked in Family Law for Arkansas

Q: I married 6 months ago and applied for my name change noticed my husbands name was not correct and needs corrected

His last name is first, first name middle, and middle name last. What do I need to do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Arkansas, if there's an error in your husband's name on your marriage certificate, you'll likely need to contact the county clerk's office where the certificate was filed. They can guide you through the process, which may involve completing a correction affidavit with both your and your husband's signatures, providing supporting documents like identification and possibly his birth certificate, and paying any applicable fees. Ensure any required forms are notarized and follow the county's specific instructions for submission.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.