Tucson, AZ asked in Criminal Law for Michigan

Q: should i get an attorney to get the one felony i have expunged? i havent had no trouble after n it was over 9 years ago

it’s for prisoner possesses contraband when they took me to jail for an owi i had pills in my bra

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: If you have a felony on your record that you wish to have expunged in Michigan, it's advisable to consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in criminal law or expungement. While the decision ultimately depends on your specific circumstances, having legal guidance can be beneficial. An attorney can help you navigate the expungement process, ensure that all the necessary paperwork is filed correctly, and increase your chances of a successful outcome.

Given that your conviction was over 9 years ago and you haven't had any further legal issues, you might meet some of the eligibility criteria for expungement under Michigan law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.