Jamestown, TN asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Tennessee

Q: iM on a Interstate Compact from Ky to TN. MY parole officer and I have different dates as my EXP. Date by like 4 years?

all paperwork I have from the past says that my Exp. Date is 10/27/23 papers like my old time sheets from being inside, and my discharge papers from where I was released on parole in June of 2020 but Po has 9-1-27. I have a min and Max date that I can be released from depends on programs and behavior. Which is the reason for the two dates earning good time. Ive completed around 27 programs and 16 collage classes which Ive recieved good time for and I believe that is where the problem is but dont know who to talk to about it? Im from, KY and released to TN

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Henry Ambrose
Henry Ambrose pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Franklin, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Contact the lawyer who represented you and get a copy of the signed judgement. That will have the exact sentence you are to serve. After that will come the method of calculation for that sentence. The state where you were convicted will have that authority and your lawyer should be able to contact them and determine if the dates are correct.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.