Denver, CO asked in Divorce and Family Law for Colorado

Q: How do I fight a potential spousal support judgement?

So my husband and I had our status conference today and at which point he decided that he did not want to go with the separation agreement that we both agreed on and is now potentially asking for spousal support. How do I show that he is just a gold digger and after money.? He has committed identity theft against me he has tried to get me fired from my job and he refuses to get a job he has not worked since December 31st of last year and a few jobs that he has had he has been fired from because of drug use

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You can ask that income be imputed to him at the wage that he is capable of earning. Some would hire a vocational evaluator expert witness to do this. You can also provide copies of prior pay statements to indicate what you believe that he is capable of earning. However he may come up with reasons as to why he can not earn that income now.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.