Clarkrange, TN asked in Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for Tennessee

Q: Can a landlord evict me just because they’re mad at me? In TN

My brother, my mother and myself live in separate homes, but on the same property ran by the same landlord. My landlord is having a dispute with my brother and is stating he will be evicting myself and my mother as well as my brother to ensure my brother stays off the property. After calling him and having a dispute (all on recording) he said he would be evicting me and my mother for my behavior. The behavior was I raised my voice.

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Basically yes... However owner must file and serve a Detainer Warrant for possession. He then gets a Judgment, and after 10 days you are still there, execution by the Sheriff of a Writ of Possession occurs.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.