St Louis, MO asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Missouri

Q: My son goes to his dads house a few times a week overnight and my son says he doesn’t have a bed and sleeps on the floor

His dad also doesn’t do much for him when he is there. He makes other people take care of him like bathing him and feeding him.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick

A: This may be useful evidence in a suit to modify the terms of your possession order. But be aware that what children say to their parent often ends up not being accurate for many different reasons and questioning children after they have spent time with their other parent can be viewed as a type of alienation that can undermine a request for changes to a parenting plan.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.