Atlanta, MI asked in Uncategorized for Michigan

Q: My best friend of 34 years passed away unexpectedly passed away (without a will), currently his family, who I have never

met are fighting over his estate. I have been desperately trying to see his final wishes honored and obtain the one thing he promised me (a wolf hat), but to no avail!!!

I have a text message from his brother admitting that he has the hat and plans to give it to me, but since then he has changed his mind. He no longer communicates with me regarding a memorial or a cause of death, etc!!! I am beside myself and really only want what Kevin wanted me to have. Is there anyway to go to court with the Text evidence and get my hat???!!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Michigan attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. I'm sorry for the loss of your best friend. Not all questions here are answered, but you could try reposting under "Probate" and "Estate Planning" for better chances of a response. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.