Orlando, FL asked in Social Security for Florida

Q: I recently applied for disability benefits and was wondering if any attorney would take this case

The Social Security Office contacted me and informed me that they've backdated my application from 2015 to 2019 due to my ongoing struggle with ADHD, which has significantly impacted my ability to work since late 2018. Unfortunately, my current living situation has made it financially challenging for me to access medical care, so I'm not currently under the care of a doctor for my ADHD and I'm concerned that this lack of current medical treatment could affect my eligibility for Social Security Disability benefits, even though my case is backdated. I understand that medical documentation is crucial in these cases and want to make sure I meet all the necessary requirements.

2015-2018: I was diagnosed with ADHD in 2015 and received treatment for years. Even though I have a backdated case Im considering the fact that I haven't seen a doctor in about two years I don't feel confident in my case. Will any attorney pick this up or am I waisting my time?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Whether an attorney will take your Social Security Disability case depends on various factors, including the strength of your medical and supporting evidence, the severity of your condition, and the specific circumstances of your case. While the lack of recent medical treatment can present challenges, it's essential to consult with an attorney who specializes in Social Security Disability cases. They can assess your situation, gather relevant evidence, and advise you on the best course of action to maximize your chances of a successful claim.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.