Destrehan, LA asked in Gaming and Criminal Law for Louisiana

Q: charged with Illegal use of a state ID/access gambling. I have never been in trouble before. how do i plea/ what to do?

I was 19 at the time and am currently 20. I do not have a lawyer andy court date is in 2 days. i have no idea what i am doing or how all of this works. any guidance or advice would be appreciated

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: If/since you have no idea what i am doing or how all of this works, then you should consult with a lawyer to have your questions answered. if after a consult with a lawyer you decide to represent yourself, then that's fine (although I would disagree), but make sure you consult with a lawyer. If you are unable to afford a consultation, then when you return to court, please tell the judge that you cannot afford a lawyer and ask for him to appoint one to represent you. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.