Crowley, LA asked in Civil Litigation and Personal Injury for Louisiana

Q: What are my rights and what am I able to claim?

Garbage truck damaged my home left me without power for 32 days during the hottest part of the year. They are contracted through our police jury. Both have agreed the garbage company is responsible. Still waiting to be reimbursed. I had to get a loan on my car to get it fixed I have now los my car due to this. I have alot of money tied into this that I didn't have to spend and I feel like I'm hitting a brick wall.

1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: If you have not consulted/hired an attorney then that's what you need to do as apparently what you have done thus far has not resulted in the results you seek. Use the Justia Find a Lawyer tab and search for accident or litigation lawyers in your area---call a few---many may offer free consultations---and then meet with them to specifically discuss your situation and then hire the one you are comfortable. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.